Community Outreach

In Partnership with the

MOBILE FOOD PANTRY

Every First Wednesday of the Month

10:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.

The LHBC mobile pantry helps distribute food brought to the church by a Greater Cleveland Food Bank truck.  We assist in distributing the healthiest and most nutritious food from the Food Bank. A normal truck will usually contain 90 percent produce (fruits and vegetables) including apples, cabbage, greens, sweet potatoes, onions, carrots, oranges, melons and more. The remaining 10 percent usually consists of bread, yogurt or another donated item. We are blessed to obtain more than 30,000 lbs. of food to assist the local community.

 

In addition to providing nutritious food to the community, we will soon offer cooking and health demonstrations, conduct benefit outreach and provide recipes to help those in need cook the food that has been delivered. 

COMMUNITY MEALS

Every Third Saturday of the Month

11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.

In addition to our Mobile Pantry, we are blessed to be able to provide a monthly lunch to members of our community. These meals are served in our fellowship hall and allows us a chance to minister to those who may not have had a meal or a place to grab food.  Our meals vary from Hot to Cold depending on the season and are designed by our wonderful Culinary Ministry.

 

* At this time, all meals are distributed at the 82nd entrance to the church by forming a socially distanced line.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

COMMUNITY RESOURCE CENTER

Every Third Saturday of the Month

11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.

The Community Resource Center is a place where members of our community can browse through gently used clothes, toiletries and other personal items. We are blessed to receive donations from members of our congregation and outside resources for those in need. In addition to picking up clothes, coats, shoes etc... members of the community can also obtain brochures directing them to assistance with mental health, substance abuse, housing, and other issues they may be facing. If you would like to make a donation to our Resource Center, please contact the church office at 216.791.5841. We will accept donations for men, women and children. 

* At this time, we are no longer accepting donations as we organize and prepare for a full launch of the Resource Center.